Asian Imports is the best place to bring your car for maintenance and repair. We offer you top-notch car mechanics for work on your Asian import cars. We service foreign cars, such as Subarus, Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, and domestic cars too. Just like you, we are car drivers and know what an inconvenience bringing your car into the shop can be. We know the feeling of hearing a noise and thinking our cars are about to break down. If you drive a car or truck with a manual transmission, you’ll know that the clutch going is something every stick shift driver dreads.
Do you know the signs that your clutch is facing impending doom versus a simple repair by your friendly neighborhood Asian Imports mechanic? Here are a few tips to help you.
How Does the Clutch Feel and Sound?
- With the car in neutral, step on the clutch and ask yourself these questions
- Does it go down smoothly?
- Do you hear any noises?
- Is there any grinding?
- If you do hear anything, can you figure out where it is coming from?
- Does it give resistance far beyond where it normally does? This is a bad sign, especially in a car with a hydraulic clutch.
Does it Slip?
- Clutches often start to slip in high gears.
- When you are driving on the highway, your car either will surge on its own or won’t respond when you press on the gas.
Do You Have a leak?
- Is your clutch fluid disappearing?
- If you check your fluid and it seems to be quickly depleting, you probably have a leak.
- If your hydraulic fluid is leaking, your mechanic will want to know.
- Your baffle should be floating at the top of your reservoir.
- Check the cap of your fluid as well as your hoses.
Call Asian Imports if you suspect your clutch is going out. We’ll get you back on the road as quickly as well can!