So you need a Asian import mechanic for your Honda, Subaru or Toyota! maybe you are new to town, or maybe you feel like your old mechanic ripped you off and you need to switch. We’ve put together some tips on how to find a mechanic that will repair your car or truck right the first time and without overcharging you.
- Experience with your car in particular. Not all mechanics handle foreign and domestic vehicle alike. Further, not all mechanics repair hybrids so if you have a hybrid make sure your mechanic is learning on your car!
- Trustworthy. Ask around! Do your friends, coworkers or neighbors have a mechanic they’ve been dealing with and trust? Word of mouth is a powerful thing for mechanics and so you should take advantage of any networks you are part of and get recommendations.
- Do they guarantee their work? A good mechanic will guarantee their work for 12 months.
- Are they willing to give you an estimate upfront? If not, move on.
- Look online. Nowadays people post review of companies on sites like Yelp and Angie’s List, but remember that people who are unhappy with a service are prone to be much more vocal than a satisfied customer.
- What are their affiliations? Are they triple A members? Better Business Bureau? How about ASE, the national Institute of Automotive Service Excellence.
- Do they make it easy to get serviced? If you have to wait weeks to get your car looked at, that mechanic might be too busy and you might be better served moving on.
- Do they inspire loyalty? Do they do tell you what they are going to do and maybe do small things for free?
We at Asian Imports are here and ready to be your hometown mechanic. Give us a call and schedule some routine maintenance.